Leigh-Anne and Andre’s picnic wedding

Andre and I have really been blessed to have such a wonderful memory of our wedding day. We decided to go for a picnic styled wedding as picnic’s have always been pretty momentous for us. Our first picnic together, Andre asked me to be his girlfriend and gifted me with a flower he picked in the field. A few picnics later,  we were celebrating the purchase of our plot which we planned to eventually build our home on, that’s when he asked me to marry him. So finally we got married and had our picnic on the same blankie (a gift from my grandmother) we had picnic’ed on before. Im sure there will be plenty more picnic moments for us!

Leigh- Anne and Andre's picnic wedding

Leigh-Anne and Andre's picnic wedding

Leigh-Anne and Andre's picnic wedding

Leigh-Anne and Andre's picnic wedding

We had our wedding in the Tsitsikamma region of the Eastern Cape on a little patch of grass which sits between lots of stunning pine trees and a steep gorge which flows into the sea. The patch of grass was the venue for a picnic wedding. I opted for a bit of a natural palette going for baby blue, chocolate brown (yummy!) and offwhite. It was a midday wedding so everyone could enjoy the shade of the Bedouin tent and umbrellas which were scattered all around.

Leigh-Anne and Andre's picnic wedding

Leigh-Anne and Andre's picnic wedding

Our decor items consisted of pewter, glass and bottles in shades of blue and brown.

Leigh-Anne and Andre's picnic wedding

Leigh-Anne and andre's picnic wedding

Bio degradable picnics bags filled with delicious picnic treats served as favours for our guests.

Leigh-Anne and andre's picnic wedding

Leigh-Anne and Andres's picnic wedding

We had a two tier crazy cake. The cake was one thing we definately wanted to be outrageous. My sister made the cake and also the topper in shades of chocolate brown and blue…. (might not be everyones cup of tea (or cake) but we loved it)

Leigh-anne and Andre's picnic wedding

Our dads did and amazing job with supplying a great ambiance with outdoor music and microphones as well as the drinks for the day and evening. Our moms made a beautiful effort with the flower arrangements on the day and making of their own famous recipes, which were included into the catering. My sister and her fiancé did a fantastic job on our picnic style catering. Andre’s sister arranged our long rectangular table with glass bottles and jars which were sourced from second hand stores in Port Elizabeth. Our friends and family really did an amazing job at helping us prepare our special day,

Our wedding day was a culmination of effort and love from friends and family. Resulting in a beautiful and special wedding day that we are so grateful for.

Thanks Leigh for sending the pictures and telling us all about your wedding and keeping us up to date via our message board. I know the two of you will have a great future together.

Photographer;  Ingrid Marais

Click here to follow Primadonnabride on Facebook

Leave a comment | Natalie and Glyn Muldersdrift

• Jolene May 7th, 2010 at 1:52 pm/time

Oooh so stunning :) Very different LOve the pics :)

• […] check out Prima Donna Bride for more on this wedding and everything else you may require to make that special day a […]

• + jacojanse + May 7th, 2010 at 3:28 pm/time

This was indeed a very special day. Made made it even more special was being their next to my beautiful and very inspiring wife, Melanie! We are so very blessed, sharing the same passion! Not difficult to make magic happen when one can assist assist your very talented wife!

Melanie and I were fortunate enough to be part of Natalie and Glyn Ogden’s special day. It was only one day after nonstop downpours and dark clouds were still making their presence felt on the actual day. “The Bridge” wedding venue aptly named after the low water bridge giving access to it was flooded and access had to be rerouted. Yet, God willing and with a stunning couple and bridal party we were able to capture yet another very special day. Creativity and the very willing, original and fun couple made for very unique moments captured forever.

• SaSa May 7th, 2010 at 3:33 pm/time

Uniquely themed

I like I like

• Natalie and Glyn Ogden » melaniejanse's blog May 7th, 2010 at 8:11 pm/time

[…] wedding is also featured on primadonna bride, check out their super awesome site for great […]

• Melanie May 7th, 2010 at 8:13 pm/time

Thank you guys for the amazing post, you are doing an awesome job, and a great inspirational site for brides!!

• Carol May 7th, 2010 at 8:26 pm/time

Thanks Melanie.

It was a pleasure.

• Natalie ODGEN May 12th, 2010 at 10:28 am/time

I never dreamed that my wedding day would be so amazing and it was so much more then I had dreamed of and had such a good time taking the photo’s I almost didnt want to stop. Melanie and Jaco were professional to the max and gave my dream wedding that extra flavour that would not have been possible without them! I still cannot believe the photo’s and how perfect they are! If you good you good. Over and out. Mrs Ogden (whoop whoop)

• Sitiso May 14th, 2010 at 1:06 pm/time

Beautiful, beautiful and more beautiful. And those shoes look amazing. I love everything about your wedding, may God bless you.

• Kaylae May 18th, 2010 at 10:04 am/time

I give to the newly weds you have out done yourselves

• Octavia May 25th, 2010 at 2:30 pm/time

Hey Natz!!! WOW!!! Really, really STUNNING!!!! You ROCK MRS. & MR.OGDEN!!! Have a fabulous marriage!! I’m so happy for you!!

• Adel June 10th, 2010 at 2:31 pm/time

Stunning!

Where did you get that lovely shoes?! I’m getting married in November and our colours are silver and royal blue. I have been looking everywhere for the right kind of blue shoes!